Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Hello July - You're flying by!

Wow, where is the time going?! I've been very busy with Birdie. Job #1 has a lot going on right now. And also my Mema's health is declining very quickly - she was moved to hospice last week. So you can understand that my mind has been occupied and while I apologize for not updating my blog sooner, I trust you all understand. :-)

Alright. Let's just do a huge picture update, shall we?

Birdie came to work with me - for about 20 minutes. :-)



My friend Emily and her beautiful family came to town and I got to have FroYo with her and Alyssa. 




I got a mole removed from my lower back. And I passed out. I don't deal well with needles and things well.



We took a trip to Buffalo to visit Andy's dad in the hospital (he had neck surgery). Since we were there for awhile we didn't want to leave Birdie at home. She's a good little traveler. She mostly just sleeps in the car.



Andy's dad was in a lot of pain, so we mostly hung out in the waiting room. The view was actually really cool and all the gray reminded me of Seattle. Sigh - I miss home.



Ok, you know what? I have a ton of Birdie pictures, so let's just get them over with. Sorry this is totally out of order.

Birdie loves to get all up in your face. And I love when she does.



She discovered where we keep her treats. We no longer keep her treats there.



She also discovered where Andy goes to practice.



She looked adorable in her 4th of July T-Shirt.



We made another trip to Buffalo to check up on Andy's dad. Birdie "went swimming!"



And then she was so tuckered out, she took an afternoon snooze on my lap. She is so precious. :-)



Look at this sweet angel face!



She went for her first workout in the park.



And made her first trip to the Pet Store!




And her latest trip... this morning to the vet. Poor little girl had her second round of puppy shots, her ears cleaned, her nails clipped, and her "glands expressed."



Ok enough of Birdie. Thank you for indulging me. Moving on...

Our Fourth of July was nice. We spent the morning at the Public Market, then just lounged around the house until it was time to go downtown. Andy played in the concert downtown. The city throws a really nice reception for the orchestra, and it's something I look forward to every year. I especially enjoyed my outfit, so I included a picture of that as well, haha.






And lastly, my Mema. I mentioned above that she was moved to hospice on Wednesday. It's safe to say a LOT of tears have been shed, but I could not be more proud of my Mema. She is so brave and happy. I love her so much and hope I'm just like her when my time comes. My mom was able to get down there (Texas)... here is their selfie!



On Friday a lot of her relatives came to visit, and because she wanted to look nice, she had a haircut. How freaking cool is that.



And here she is surrounded by tons of love. :-) This picture makes me so happy.



On Saturday, Andy and I got to FaceTime with her. I am so glad we had the chance as I'm pretty sure it was the last conversation I'll have with her. At the end I told her I loved her and she replied back with more enthusiasm than I could ever have hoped for, "I love you too!" Replaying that phrase in my head over and over has really helped me through these last few days.



There you have it. I'll try to write again soon, but until I do, please keep my Mema and my family in your thoughts. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment