Friday, June 3, 2016

I CAN WALK

Hello! I know it's been about a month and a half since I've written. I'm sorry! Last time I wrote I was still on crutches. Up until yesterday, I was still using a crutch first thing in the morning. But I can now report that 111 days after my stupid fall.... I am 100% done with crutches!!!! Now that doesn't mean I am 100% normal at all - and I'll admit... I thought once I was done with crutches I would be perfectly fine. That's certainly not the case, but I continue to notice improvements each day. I suppose that's all I can ask for.

Alright, I owe you all a million updates, like...

- How things are going with the new house
- My precious Birdie!!!
- Moving my office...
- Normal day to day happenings
and of course...
- Details of my recovery

I don't have enough time to actually write updates on all those things, but I'll leave you with a few pictures of my road to recovery. Physical Therapy has made a world of difference for me, and I have been very consistent with doing the exercises they give me.

To battle the Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (seriously) that I was developing, I had to do a contrast bath, moving my foot between hot and cold water. It was a 40 minute process, so I got a lot of reading done. I am now of book 3 of the Outlander series.

 

I must say, the Outlander series really saved me during this whole process. I've read over 2,000 pages over the course of these last 3.5 months.

Birdie also liked to help me do my exercises. :-)




Alright, sorry for such a short teaser, but I'll be back in blogging business on Monday - I promise! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment