Wednesday, October 14, 2015

I can breathe!!!!

Hallelujah! My string of insanity has ended. I feel like every since the beginning of September my life has been a moving train of madness. I SO wish I could have rested after Lani's wedding - not only was it just a very busy weekend, but I've also had a lousy cold for the last 2+ weeks. Enough already! But rest was not in sight... I had a craaaaaazy busy week at Job #1.


Job #1
I had a community concert on Thursday night...



another one on Friday night....



yet another on Saturday night....



and a family concert, with pre-concert activities, on Sunday afternoon....



And while I wish that meant I didn't have to be in the office as much during the week, I just had WAY too much to do to take any comp time. I also spent a good chunk of Saturday in the office as well (good thing I didn't have to work Job #2 or I would have been screwed). All told, I put in about 60 hours for Job #1 last week. The good news.... I've been doing this long enough now that I knew what needed to be done to make each event successful, and they were! I couldn't have asked for my end of things to go better. It was just a LOT of work.

But now I'm done!!! I mean, I still have plenty to do at work, but I can breathe a little now. Phew!


Job #2
Well, I'm getting a new boss at Job #2 starting on Monday. Not quite sure how that's going to work out.... but, with that change, I can assure you I am officially done with Saturdays. Woohoo!!!! Honestly now that I am done with Saturdays... I really want to be done with Tuesdays. Except I reeeaaaally like the people I work with on Tuesdays, and the extra money is needed. Guess I'll stick it out for awhile longer.


Food
Two adventures in food this week....

1) I tried my first breakfast sandwich from Hart's.


I've heard a lot of people talk about it and have wanted to try one for so long. Now I finally have! It was pretty darn good. Delicious sweet bun, egg, avocado, arugula, and sriracha mayo. Sounds a little weird but it was really good. It's supposed to have pancetta on it, but I had it without - I've not been eating meat for almost 4 months now,and honestly rarely miss it.

2) We unearthed the top tier of our wedding cake!



We were about 2 months late in having it, but oh well. I am very sad to report that it was absolutely disgusting. Pretty much inedible. :( My Mema bought our wedding cake for us - I was sad to throw it out as it's one of the last gifts I received from her, but Andy and I thanked Mema out loud and then ditched it. So so so so gross. I don't even think the squirrels will go after it in the garbage...


Birdie
Now it's time for the obligatory mass of Birdie pictures!!!

She went to the groomer for the first time, and now she is so pretty!




She's learned to jump up on the couch, and now loves to look out the window!



She still loves to chew on hands....



Her pictures are hanging on the wall at her doggy daycare! (I really want to steal them) They were obviously taken before she went to the groomer, haha.




And when she's not a little ball of energy, she is a sweet little snuggler.



We take her in to get spayed on Friday. While I am very pro-spay/neuter, I feel so bad!!! My poor baby girl is going to have to wear the cone of shame. :(


Now
Now it's time to spend some time on myself! I took Monday off... Andy and I went to see The Martian (I read the book and really liked it). The movie was good but I liked the book better (not a surprise there). I'm also trying to eat a little healthier, now possible as I made a trip to the grocery store. And I've done laundry so I have clothes to wear again. I know these sound like things normal people do all the time, but trust me, I sincerely have not had time. Now I do! Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment