Wednesday, January 20, 2016

2016!!

Happy New Year!!

Ok I know, we are in the latter part of January, so it's not really a new new year, but still... I love the new year. It's a time of renewed hope and possibilities. And let me tell you what. This year has already started off with a bang!!!

Here are 16 things that have happened in 2016.

1) It wouldn't be New Year's Day without having "Good Luck Pot." We must have made a good batch this year...



2) Andy and I enjoyed dinner at the Amsel/Vrbsky house! In addition to dinner, the four of us also put together a puzzle in record time (while enjoying Rose's apple-cloud dessert).




3) I tackled some at-home organization projects. Now my craft supplies and makeup things are suuuper organized and I love it.

 



4) Birdie has continued being adorable in 2016.




5) My planner and food/fitness journal game is going strong thanks to new stickers I got while in WA. I know it's dumb, but for some reason... this makes me so happy.



6) I had some atypical cells (discovered last summer when I had a mole biopsied) removed from my lower back. Of course it was right at my waist band, so that meant an entire week of not being able to wear real pants. I either wore scrub pants (thanks dad!) or a maxi-skirt - both of which I could hike up really high so as not to interfere with the area.

 



7) I also had a consultation with a periodontist. Thanks to gum recession caused by wearing braces, I now need a skin graft. However! Instead of having tissue harvested from the roof of my mouth, I am opting to have "donor tissue" sewed into my gums. Who's the donor, you ask? A dead person. I'm going to have a dead person in my mouth. :-) This won't happen for a few months... so more on that much later.

8) I dreamed of winning the Powerball. Oh man did I have plans. I was especially excited to donate to the Rochester Zoo so they could renovate all of their animal enclosures. Guess that won't be happening. :-(



9) I've been working like a boss as I start to get ready for kids' concerts in February and March.



10) I've also already had 3 different outreach events so far. They're actually fun, but take a lot of extra time to do (so I'm ready for a break from them for a bit).





11) Winter has also finally arrived. Trust me, I'm not disappointed AT ALL that it took awhile this year. But the cold and snow are definitely here now. Birdie does surprisingly well, although it doesn't take a lot of snow to cover her little legs. Poor puppy dog!



12) We also suffered a loss. The purple monkey was massacred one terrible Saturday morning.



14) New TV shows also started. My shows this year include Downton Abbey on Sunday nights, The Biggest Loser on Monday nights, and My Diet Is Better Than Your Diet on Thursday nights. I don't know why, but I just love watching people lose weight.


15) Andy turned 33 - actually TODAY is his birthday!!


He said 32 was the year of 'cooking'. When I asked him what 33 would be the year of he said 'home improvements' because....

16) WE HAD AN OFFER ACCEPTED ON A HOUSE!!!!!


There it is! It's very small, only 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, but it will be perfectly fine for the two of us - plus Birdie will have own big fenced in yard!!! Let me tell you... things have been crazy since finding out our offer was accepted. Talking to an attorney, meeting with the bank, scheduling the inspection (which is this Saturday). I will feel a lot better once the inspection is over and the bank comes through with a stamp of approval. But... assuming all will work out, we'll be moving into our very own house in a few months!!!! 

See...? Must have been a good batch of Good Luck Pot this year. I wonder if it's because we used vegetarian sausage?? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment