Wednesday, January 27, 2016

January's Wrapping Up

The first month of the new year - almost gone! In a way it seems like time is flying by, but on the other hand, I'm so anxious to get into our new house that the time also seems to draaaag on. Patience Barbara!

Here's what's been going on this last week:

We had our inspection last weekend. Of course they found little problems here and there, but the biggest concern for me was... dun dun dun..... black mold in the attic. I worried that it would be a deal breaker, but I'm happy to say we've worked out an agreement and it will be taken care of next week! Phew! The seller will also be fixing the garage door which is currently dented. Not for long though! Unfortunately the snow prevented the inspector from seeing "everything" but I suppose that's just what happens if you buy a house in this area in the winter.

 



The snow might have hampered our inspection a bit, but it certainly hasn't slowed down Miss Birdie. She doesn't seem to mind at all - even when the snow gives her beard crystals!




Work has also been busy. I had a family concert last weekend, which meant it was time for kiddie crafts. It took a lot of work to pull it together - and it didn't help that I've been super distracted with house stuff while trying to work. But it all came together and everyone seemed to have a good time.






Another work happening - one of my favorite people at the office celebrated her 25th work anniversary!!!



Way to go Irene!!! I complain a lot about work, and trust me... there are some SERIOUSLY bad eggs here. However, there are a lot of really good people too that I genuinely look forward to seeing each day. Irene is definitely one of them!

The rest of the month should go by without much to report. I have a handful of meetings, I'm looking forward to watching Downton Abbey on Sunday... but all in all it's going to be a pretty low key weekend. Oh wait! Luna is going to stay with us so Birdie will have a buddy! I'm sure that will result in some adorable pictures. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment