Thursday, March 10, 2016

Still not marching in March

Hello hello.

Today is day 26 on crutches. My foot is still super swollen, it is still bruised, I can only wiggle my big two and its neighbor (not the other three), I still get zings of pain if I put too much weight on it... joy. But tomorrow is a very exciting day because I go to the doctor for more x-rays. I am anticipating getting some "answers" from my appointment tomorrow. What exactly is wrong and how much longer do I have to go until I can walk again. Lordy if I leave that appointment without answers I will not be happy.

I can say I have gotten much better getting around on crutches and figuring out how to do a few things (there's still a LOT I can't do). One of the BEST things that happened... I ordered a pouch for my crutch, and it is life changing. Now I can carry my phone, keys, debit card, water bottle.... not a lot at the same time but at least it's something!


And no, Birdie does not fit in the pouch.

Thankfully I've still been able to get out with Birdie (and Andy of course... no way I get anywhere without Andy). We've gone to puppy playtime... 


...and also to the dog park (they have a bench). The weather here has been very nice so I especially like going to the dog park to enjoy the sun.


Birdie continues to be my little nurse, but has also learned that even though I might be laying on the couch elevating my foot, I can still play pig. Birdie LOVES pig. Anna got Birdie's first pig. She destroyed that. We have since got her 3 more. All destroyed. The pig below was from Mama Kay and Papa Lyle. So far so good, but I'm sure there will be many more pigs in our future.



I also had a birthday! It was pretty good considering I was still on crutches. After work Andy took me out for Mexican food and then we went to the Comedy Club, where Will and Anna joined us. It was really fun!




My friends at work also got me a lemon roll cake. :) I really work with some great people. (note the word some, haha)


I suppose one of the good things about my birthday this year.... this year can only get better for me. Translation: I CAN'T WAIT TO GET BETTER.

In other news, this is the busiest week of the year for me at work. Four days of concerts, a total of 8,300 kids, four separate slide shows totaling 1400 slides (I have been making slides like I work in a slide-making sweat shop this last week), and about 200 volunteers who all want to share their ideas with me (patience Barbara, patience). I only have one more concert to go, but I will be so happy when it is done! The good news is that they're all going well. Phew. Here's a picture from Monday's rehearsal...


Alright there you go. Here's a list of what I'm looking forward to...

3/10 - Final Walk Through of our House! Then FroYo with Alyssa and Elizabeth :)

3/11 - DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT (praise the Heavens)

3/14 - We close on our house! Can you believe it????

3/25 - Good Friday (happy because the office is closed!)

3/27 - Easter - I hope I get a basket from the Easter Bunny :)

4/2 - MY MOM COMES!!!!!!!!! 

There you have it! Ok back to making more slides. Oh joy... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment