Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Final Days of Freedom

Hello! We have Birdie gurl now, and life as we know it has turned upside down. I'll get to her in my next post, but for now I thought I'd share with you the last few days of life before puppy.

I wrapped up Job #1 (before now having this week off) with a board meeting presentation for the Rochester Philharmonic League - a group of volunteers I work very closely with. It was their final meeting of the season, so they had a cookie cake! Cookie cake is something I never really had growing up. It still seems a little strange to me, but I must say I enjoyed it.




One of my coworker's dogs also paid us a visit at Job #1. I met Chuck the beagle when he was a brand new puppy. He sure is a lot bigger now!



And I also went in for a physical, just to have one since it had been a long time. I ended up getting a tetanus booster shot :-( and was told I have a mole that I need to have looked at. I'm falling apart!!! Here is a picture of the suspicious mole. You are welcome.



On Saturday I worked Job #2 and then ran off immediately to make it to Andy's cousin's wedding. The bizarre thing about this wedding is that Andy's cousin (the groom) was marrying my coworker's (Job #1) brother's step-daughter (the bride). Did you follow that? What a small world!

Austan and Gloria got married in a church in Chili, NY. Austan's dad (Andy's uncle) is a reverend, so he preformed the service. I thought that was pretty cool.



They had the most beautiful day for a wedding. How come I didn't get weather like that?!



We had an hour or so to kill between the ceremony and the reception, so Andy's side of the family all headed to a nearby sports bar for drinks and appetizers. It was pretty fun!



We weren't sure whether or not there would be alcohol at the wedding, so as you can see, Greg (Andy's cousin) did a good job of making sure it wouldn't be needed, lol.

The reception was at a banquet hall called, "The Diplomat."



It turns out... there was a bar!



The food was actually really good. It was typical wedding buffet food, but it was reaaaally tasty! And of course they had wedding cake, which I always look forward to.




One of the bride's sisters did a dance to honor their father who had passed away. I can't imagine getting married without my dad. So sad.



The bride and groom seemed to have a really good time, which is what it's all about. And I had a really nice time with Andy and the rest of his extended family. It was a really fun night!





Next up.... BIRDIE GURL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment