Monday, June 1, 2015

Weekend Recap

Happy June! I am so excited for this month. First - Costco opens. Second - we get Birdie. What more could you want?!?

Here's how I said goodbye to May:

Andy and I got more dog practice as we were asked to watch our neighbor's dog while he was out of town. Meet... Porter!



Maybe not the cutest dog on the block, but she was super sweet, and having her around made me that much more excited to get Birdie. Speaking of Birdie... my mom sent us a book by Cesar Milan - How to Raise the Perfect Dog, as well as my precious Phoebe's favorite toy, Suzy Bunny. I hugged Suzy Bunny for a long time when I pulled her out of the box. I still miss Phoebe so much. But now Suzy Bunny is waiting to meet Birdie. :-)



Porter actually discovered Suzy Bunny. Watch what she did!



Although she seemed scared of Suzy Bunny, I still thought it might be best if I hid her for the remainder of the weekend, just to keep her safe. :-)



I also spent the weekend finishing Gone Girl. I flew threw the book and really enjoyed it. Now I want Andy to hurry up and read it so we can watch the movie, which I've heard is also good.  If you're looking for a book to read, I would recommend it!



And my healthy eating/exercise continued. I've started a new journal to track my progress, and this time instead of cutting out pics from magazines and gluing them in, I've decided to go the inspirational quote route. I am having a lot of fun finding quotes and then decorating them to make my journal nice and pretty.



The big highlight of the weekend was a bridal shower for Kara - my friend at Job #1. I was in charge of the decorations, games, and cake. Let me tell you. I am THRILLED with how well my cake turned out.



That is four layers of chocolatey goodness. FOUR. I am so impressed with myself. :-) But anyway, haha, Kara's shower was really nice and she looked beautiful as always.







It is so easy to celebrate Kara and Paco's marriage because they are so obviously in love. It is a deep kind of caring I don't think you see outwardly exhibited by couples everyday, and it just makes me smile every time I see them together. :-)

And I'll end this recap with a technologically amazing conversation that I was a part of on Sunday evening. Anna (at her house), Lisa (in Baltimore), Bipul (in Omaha), and Andy and I (at home) were all able to communicate through different FaceTime devices all at the same time!



It wasn't quite as good as hanging out together, but it was pretty darn close.

Alright, that about sums it up. This week is the final push for Job #1 and then it's calm city for awhile. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I think Porter is absolutely adorable (but I'm biased to brindles and smushy faces)! And Birdie is such a good name, can't wait for you to get her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping our conversation would end up on the blog!!

    ReplyDelete