Friday, April 24, 2015

What a week...

Well, this has been one hell of a week.

It started with me sending an email to my friend at work where I was making fun of our CEO. Oh wait, only problem is I sent it to the entire office, including the CEO, by mistake. So I pretty much wanted to vomit, crawl in a hole, and die.

I also had jury duty this week. After the email disaster, I was SO thankful to have to report for jury duty. I'd take any reason to get out of the office after that. Well it just so happens that this week they were finding a jury for one of the most well known cases in Rochester - the murder of a Rochester Police Officer.



I spent two days at the courthouse being questioned for that case. It was very interesting. My pool of jurors began with over 100 people and I made it to the final 16, but alas I was not chosen (only 4 people were actually selected). I was really disappointed. I liked not being at work and the prospect of not having to go to work for a month. I also felt like what I was doing mattered, that I was important, that I mattered. Clearly I don't feel that way at my job right now... perhaps a sign. The good thing about not being selected is that I won't have to sit as much. I spent a LOT of time sitting and waiting. Here was one of the views I had in one of the many waiting rooms I sat in.



In other news, I am the pet whisperer this week. I have Luna (Will and Rose's dog) living with me this week, and am also visiting Poco and Otis (Anna's kitty cats) daily. They are all so cute, and their innocent pet love has been much appreciated this week.




Oh also, it's snowed here for the last two days.



Come on weather... enough's enough! Hopefully things start to turn around.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Barbie I'm so sorry about the email fiasco! I hope everything smooths out well; did the CEO contact you? Or did anyone contact you from work? Hope everything works out!

    ReplyDelete