Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Big long post + BIG NEWS!

I am finally done with my crazy busy streak!!!! I worked 21 days in a row and I am SO GLAD it is over. Here's a look at the final stretch.

Last week I was very busy with the Tiny Tots concerts. Over four days I was responsible for over 3,000 little kids. Yikes. But, they all went well, and now that they're done I don't have to deal with this type of concert for many months. Yay!





Those concerts kept me plenty busy during the day. My nights were busy too. On Thursday, Kara and I went to see Lani perform in "Into the Woods." Lani is so talented!!! I really enjoyed the show - it made me miss playing in the pit for musicals.



On Friday night I had to go to the ROCmusic benefit concert. Thank goodness Anna was up for going with me! We had a lovely dinner at Wegmans before spending three thousand hours listening to string music. I was most excited because I tried pulling my hair back with bobby-pins rather that the tiny claw clips I always use, and I felt it turned out well.


I had to work Job #2 on Saturday and then.... get ready for the big news..........

I GOT TO MEET OUR NEW PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Sadly Andy was out of town, but Anna and Bipul were nice enough to go with me. It really helped making a decision with them there.



She is part cockapoo and part poodle mix so she should be a pretty cute girl when she grows up. We get to bring her home in one month... I'm glad to have the time to prepare for a puppy, but I sure hope the time goes by fast! I'm so excited!!!!!!

Here's a picture of the mom... she was a really sweet dog.



We still have not settled on a name, so I am very open to any suggestions you might have. Please let me know!

After the excitement of the puppy, Anna, Bipul, and I went to see Pitch Perfect 2. It was decent so I'm glad we went, although I can say without a doubt the first one was better.



On Sunday I woke up and went straight to the office. I had about 3 hours to magically create an entire set of activities for the family concert that afternoon. While I don't normally wait until the last minute like that, I've just been so busy. I was pretty proud that I came up with some pretty solid activities using things I had on hand - and they were all a big hit.




The bird was Gertrude McFuzz. It was a Dr. Suess themed concert. Once that concert was over, I WAS DONE. Andy and I went out to dinner, then his friend James came into town, we all met up with Anna and Bipul for froyo and then back to their place to hang out. It was a fun night!

The next day (Monday) I did NOT go to work. Yay!!!! Instead, Andy, James, and I went to get pedicures. :-) 



Now our feet are ready for summer. :-) I spent the rest of the day laying around our hot house. It wasn't the most thrilling day off, but I suppose I just needed a day of doing nothing.

And here I am back at work! Ugh. But with a puppy on the way, I need to save my days off so I can spend time at home once we get her.

So there you have it. I survived! Hope you are all doing well, and remember - send me those puppy names!

1 comment: