Monday, May 11, 2015

Weekend of Celebrations

What a weekend!

Saturday was my good friend Alyssa's wedding!!!!! I definitely got teary during her ceremony - I was just so happy to see her so happy. For starters, Alyssa looked flawless. So beautiful. So elegant. So tiny! And her dress was gorgeous. I'm also not sure I've ever seen a groom who smiled so much. It warmed my heart to watch the two of them together.



Her bridesmaids wore navy blue (gorgeous) and all the men wore gray suits, which you know I love. The flowers were a mix of whites, creams, and pale pinks. Everything looked so sophisticated - I loved all of the choices she made!

After her ceremony, we drove to the reception. That part was not fun because the AC in my car decided to just stop working, and it was 92 degrees outside. Yuck. Alyssa and Shaun had their reception in a park lodge, so I was thrilled when we went inside to find out it was air conditioned!!!

We immediately got our favors - drinking glasses that we personalized and used all night. Such a good idea.



The guest list was actually very small so Andy and I felt honored to be there. Our friends Elizabeth and Andy were also invited, and we had a great time hanging out with them all day.




(I'm not sure if you can tell, but my allergies are in full swing and my eyes were not feeling so great)

Somehow Alyssa and Shaun had found this food truck that did all of the catering for their wedding. Our dinner tasted SO good. Some of the best catered/wedding food I've ever had.



With dinner done, they moved on to the toasts and special dances. Again, seeing Alyssa's smile was the absolute best. It really warmed my heart! I know I already said that, but it's true!!



Now for what may have been the best part of the whole wedding.... instead of wedding cake, they had tiers of donuts!!! Wha?!?!??!! Why didn't I think of that! I caught the groom sneaking one as soon as the dances were done. ;)



Alyssa's wedding was absolutely perfect. Congratulations you two!!!



And now onto Sunday! Not only was it Mother's Day, but it was also my mom's birthday!

Andy and I pretty much woke up and hopped in the car to head to Buffalo to see his mom. His aunt was hosting a Mother's Day brunch, so we got to Buffalo early in order to spend time at his parents' house first. The weather was beautiful so we all sat out on their back patio. About a month ago when Anna and I went shopping, I saw a cool gift set from Lush, so I picked that up for Andy and I to give to his mom. I think she liked it!



The brunch at Andy's aunts house was really tasty. Bacon, ham, egg casserole, french toast casserole, yogurt, fruit, bagels, cinnamon rolls, coffee cake, donuts... you name it! Unfortunately we had to dine and dash because Andy had to teach lessons and I had to sit in on an interview for Job #1. Boo.

I also got to talk to my mom on the phone. She sent me an awesome picture of all of the loot she accumulated for both her birthday and mother's day. 



I really wish I could have celebrated with her in person (and to have a piece of the cake my dad made) but it is what it is. Thank goodness long distance phone calls are free now!

And so ends out celebratory weekend. Happy Mother's day to all you mother's out there!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment