Friday, February 13, 2015

Freezing Friday

Hello from the North Pole! Well, not really the North Pole, but it might as well be. It is FREEZING cold here. This morning it was 1 degree, and we've warmed up throughout the day to a balmy 10 degrees. There's also a lot of wind, so with the wind chill taken into account, we have yet to feel like we've made it into positive digits. Brrr!!!

This week was one of my busier weeks as far as work is concerned. Our Primary Concerts were on Wednesday and Thursday, which basically equals 48 hours of craziness/stress/freezing. Why freezing? Because one of my duties is to be on bus duty - I guess that's what happens when you are the youngest person working.





The Preservation Hall Jazz Band was also in town, and they were able to give a special concert for the ROCmusic kids (a group of city kids that receive free string instruction). I actually really enjoyed listening to them play - I miss jazz a lot.



Additionally, our Committee for Recognition and Morale decided to provide a small Valentine treat each day of the week for our coworkers. It was actually a lot of fun to do - I wish that's all my job entailed sometimes!



And now it's Friday night! Andy and I are going out to dinner to celebrate Valentine's Day a day early as we have other plans Saturday night. I feel so lucky to have Andy and can't wait for our first Valentine's celebration as husband and wife!




No comments:

Post a Comment