Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Valentine's Day XOXO

Hello! This last weekend was a Valentine's/President's Day combo. Here's what went down...

Friday
Andy and I went out to dinner to celebrate Valentine's Day together since we had other plans on Saturday.

http://www.rochesterdowntown.com/wp_rddc/investment-projects/384-east-avenue-inn-suites/ 

City Grill opened a few months ago but we had yet to go. It's been on my list of places to try for two reasons: 1) I think it's cool that there's a tree inside the restaurant, and 2) Kristin told me they had "grown up tater tots" on their menu. Yum.

Our dinner was excellent! I ordered cauliflower eggplant soup and a beet salad. Andy had a mushroom and lobster pizza, and we shared an order of truffle fries. Then for dessert we split the stuffed french toast, which was AMAZING. I would definitely recommend City Grill to anyone!

Once we were home we curled up on the couch and watched the last two episodes of The Killing. I am so sad we are finished with that show - I liked it so much! I will definitely be adding a write-up under my "books + shows" tab soon.

Saturday
Happy Valentine's Day! My Saturday started per usual at Job #2. Our original plan for Valentine's night was to drive to Buffalo to celebrate Andy's mom's birthday, but it started snowing really hard during the day, so we decided it would be best for all parties to stay off the roads. Instead we spent the evening at home. Andy made a delicious pasta bolognese for us and we shared a piece of cheesecake. We also face-timed with Andy's family, including my favorite furry member of the family - Bailey!



Then "we" watched Virunga - a documentary about the Congo and it's mountain gorilla population. I say "we" because Andy fell asleep after the first ten minutes. Ugh. I said it was too late to start a movie, but he insisted it was ok. Wife was right!!! I can't be too mad though, as he got me a very nice Valentine's present.



Kate Spade ink pens and four chocolates!!! If you know me you know I love all things paper/pens, so it was perfect. And I also really appreciate the four chocolates... enough for a little treat, but not so much that I was stressed about all the calories. Good job Andy man!

Sunday
Sunday was COLD.



Do you see where it says Feels Like: -20?!?!?! What the heck!!! And it's supposed to stay super cold pretty much all week long. Noooooooo.

Andy's family braved the cold and traveled out to Rochester to have breakfast with us. We went to Simply Crepes, a place we had not been to in years. The best part about breakfast was getting to see Ali - she left for the Army in the fall and we had not seen her since. Yay for Ali!!



Now I realize this is not the most flattering picture, but it is the only one I took. And so just to be fair, I will post an unflattering picture of Andy and I at dinner (this picture was taken a few years ago the night before we ran a 77.7 mile relay race around Seneca lake with 5 other people).



Hahahahaha. This is my favorite picture of Andy and I of all time. I cannot keep a straight face when I look at this picture - I laugh every single time!!!!

Anyway, back to Sunday. :-) I didn't feel so hot during the day, so I laid on the couch quite a bit, but in the evening I felt better and went to Anna's for dinner. She made a really good pumpkin chili - thanks for dinner Anna! And we also watched the SNL 40 year reunion. It was a fun night. 

Monday
Guess who didn't have to work??? Woohoo! I cleaned, did laundry, washed dishes, did some excellent YouTube exercise videos, went to the grocery store, caught up on Downton Abbey... all in all a pretty solid day. 

Tuesday
It's today! Fat Tuesday! Which means Lent begins tomorrow. I'm not Catholic, and I know it's probably offensive to say, but I like to play "the Lent game." Here's what I've tried in the past...

- no elevators, only stairs... that lasted until I realized hauling laundry up and down 4 flight of stairs was no bueno.
- no work food. I actually did this one! I only ate food I brought to the office, never any treats that people had brought into work.
- exercise challenge. My friend Katie made up a list of exercises to do each day. I did them until my knee really started hurting... then I had knee surgery. :-(

So what shall I do this year??? My idea is to do a push-up challenge! I'll do one push-up on the first day of Lent, two push-ups on the second day, etc. However! I am still very open to other ideas. And so I ask...

What do you think I should do for Lent this year?

1 comment:

  1. Burpee challenge? For Lent I will give up giving up anything.

    ReplyDelete