Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Weekend Getaway

Bonjour! Andy and I took a trip to Montreal this weekend and had the BEST time. Here's what happened... list style.

- Drove to Montreal. It was my first time in Quebec!



- Checked into our hotel, Auberge Bonapart. It was great and I would definitely stay there again.





- Toured the Notre Dame Basilica. It was gorgeous!





- Walked around Old Montreal for a bit, and saw where they do ice fishing. Brrrrr.



- Ate lunch at Vieux-Port Steakhouse. I had a delicious roast beef sandwich. Andy had the lamb.



- Lunch was followed with a trip across the street for a dish of maple Nutella gelato. Heaven!!!

- Magically stumbled upon "Montreal en Lumiere," a winter festival that was SO. MUCH. FUN. (even if it was freezing cold).















- Ate dinner at Holder, an awesome french restaurant. I had steak. Andy Pepin had duck confit.


- Called it a night. Sleeping in a king size bed is HEAVEN.

- Ate our complimentary breakfast at the hotel, which was 3 courses... not your ordinary complimentary breakfast!




- And to get back home... I took a train! My first train trip ever! (unless you count the Santa Clause Express)




It was a great trip - I am still smiling thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment