Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Week of Updates!

Wow am I behind with posts! Let's catch up. Here's what I've been up to...

Thursday 
The Kaddish concert was in the evening, so I went to that. It was interesting. Some parts I really enjoyed, others didn't speak to me as much. I'll be honest... the week leading up to it was so busy, I'm just glad it's over.

Friday
Some how or other, Rochester won a Pepsi competition, resulting in vending machines of free Pepsi being placed throughout downtown. Even though I haven't had any pop in over a year, I still wanted to push the button. Who doesn't like free things!? I gave my free Pepsi to Lani. :-) She and I were a little too excited about the free Pepsi, haha.



We also celebrated the January birthdays in the office. Kara and I each made a cake (mine is the chocolate one). They were both delicious!



Saturday
I worked Job #2. I went to stores with Lani. And... I honestly don't remember what else.

Sunday
Andy's mom and dad came over for brunch so we could celebrate Andy's birthday. Chef Andy/Jacques made a DELICIOUS breakfast of french toast casserole and an egg tart. I forgot to take a picture before we all dove in... everything was sooooooo good.




And that night, Will and Rose invited me over for dinner, which was also delicious! However, I was late getting over there because I had to watch the end of the Seahawk's game. How exciting!!!



Monday
Thank goodness for MLK Jr. day... no work!! I slept in, did some goofy exercise videos, and switched over my car insurance (that took awhile). Then Lani taught me how to make duct tape flowers. So cool!



I also checked in on Poco and Otis since Anna was out of town. I love little Poco so much.



Tuesday - Happy Birthday Husband!!!
I declared that Tuesday would be name change day, so I started off at the Social Security Office. Friends... that is hell on Earth. No exaggeration. I would not wish that place on my worst enemy. I hope you never ever ever ever ever have to go there. And if you do, do not go to the one in downtown Rochester. Don't do it!!!!!!! I was told there that I would have to wait 7-10 days to receive my new social security card, which put a damper on my name change plans for the rest of the day... but since I had already taken the day off...



I went and got my hair done! This time I got lowlights in addition to highlights, and I really like it!

I also had to work Job #2. Then I finished my book "UnWholly" while laying in bed.

Wednesday
Pretty normal Wednesday. Highlight of the day... it was my 500 day anniversary of no Diet Coke!!!!! AAAAAAMAZING!!!!!! I am so proud of myself.

Thursday
And here we are today. With a family concert on Sunday, I will be busy doing arts and crafts at work - not a bad day. Stay tuned for more (frequent) updates on my day-to-day activities!


4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had a terrible time at social security! I thought I was going to have it rough there as well, but it was probably the easiest place when I was changing my name...the lady was super nice and the process was smooth. BTW-awesome duct tape flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hair, Babsie! I agree with Nicole, those duct tape flowers are awesome. I'm little disappointed you didn't walk down the aisle with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww thanks for looking after Poco gurl! You are the Barbara auntie!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete