Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Brrrrr

It is freezing cold!!!



According to the weather channel, it actually only feels like 5 degrees outside - go away wind!

It seemed like my tear-off calendar was psychic. Check out yesterday's...



Oh so true! Hahaha. Ugh. ;-)

Last night Andy and I headed to the mall to try to find him a new winter coat. I had fun picking out things for him to try. He sure is picky!



Two hours later, we closed down the mall, but he eventually found one he deemed acceptable enough to try (but the receipt has been saved just in case). And the best part is... the coat was originally $250 and we managed to get it for $112. Woohoo! I love a bargain, even if it isn't for me. :-)

Here's how I'm staying warm at the moment...
- Space heater is cranked on high 4 feet from where I'm sitting
- wearing knee high socks with my new tall UGG boots (nice and cozy)
- drinking coffee
- nice big sweater

Of course my fingers are still cold, but I can't exactly type all that well while wearing gloves. I actually keep a blanket in one of my desk drawers at work. It really can get that bad!

I hope you are all staying warm and cozy - it seems like most of the country is going through an arctic blast. What's your favorite way to stay warm?

3 comments:

  1. Sorry it's so cold! Hate to rub it in...but it's almost 78 degrees outside. BUT when it is cold, I usually layer lots of clothes, grab my new soft, fuzzy blanket and make Miles lay next to me (he usually climbs under the blanket anyway!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you need a dog and or cat to keep you warm.

    ReplyDelete