Monday, January 5, 2015

Quiet Weekend

The first weekend of the new year was a quiet one.

Friday
After work, Andy/Jacques made dinner. This time is was pork chops, peas and carrots, and butternut squash. It was all very tasty!



Then we went to the gym together. As you can see, I'm doing an excellent job drinking my water!



The rest of the night was spent watching The Killing. We were nearing the end of season 2, so it was getting gooooood.

Saturday
Worked at Job #2. Took a nap. Then ran into Kristin at Wegmans!



I swear I see someone I know every single time I go into that store. But it's always best when it's someone you actually want to see! Haha, yay for Kristin!

Saturday night wrapped up finishing season 2 of The Killing. Kind of a weird ending...

Sunday
I reaaaaaally slept in. Oops! Andy and I ran a few errands, including a trip to the music store where we bought a duet book. At first we played our own instruments, but eventually we traded. Here was the result...

This went on forever! It's been awhile since I've played, so my lip is still sore today. If you couldn't guess, Andy and I are not exactly proficient at each other's instruments lol.

And finally the weekend ended with the return of...... DOWNTON ABBEY!!!!!! Finally!!!!

List time. My top 5 favorite characters in Downton Abbey are...
1) Violet, the Dowager Countess
2) Lady Mary
3) Lady Rose
4) Anna
5) Cora Crawley

I guess I have a thing for the ladies of Downton! I honestly think it is mostly because of their clothes, but the Dowager wins top honors for her quotes. The best line from last night was, "Principles are like prayers. Noble, of course, but awkward at a party." Oh how I love her.

Anyone else a Downton fan out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment