Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Lunch and Learn

This week the orchestra is playing a special concert about the Holocaust. I won't go into it too much, but as a result, my schedule is full of educational events I've had to plan around the community leading up to said concert. 

My first event was yesterday at the Jewish Community Center. I'll be honest... I threw it together at the last minute, but amazingly it all came together and people seemed to enjoy their experience. Phew!



I managed to have a full house, which was a welcomed surprise. One woman in attendance was even a Holocaust survivor, so that was very special.



I have two more educational events to run this week before the concert on Thursday night - it will certainly make the week go by quickly!

Last night I also went to calling hours for Andy Eilertsen, the brother of my friends Lisa and Laura. He was only 33 and passed away suddenly. I just can't even imagine... and I feel so deeply for Laura and Lisa. Please keep them all in your thoughts. I know I sure am.

No comments:

Post a Comment