Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!

It's 2015, can you believe it!? Happy New Year!!!

New Year's Eve
Andy and I flew into Buffalo so we were able to spend some time with his family before heading home. His mom had to work all day long, so we decided it would be fun to make her dinner. Of course it couldn't be just any dinner when you have Jacques Pepin/Chef Andre at the wheel.

Andy made chicken with a vegetable ragout while I played "sous chef Babette" and made green beans and cous cous.





I believe everyone liked it - it even seemed like Bailey wanted to give it a try. ;-)



We decided to head out around 9:30pm. It was snowing outside and we didn't want to wait for it to get worse. Even still, the roads were terrible. We never seemed to go above 30mph the entire way home. What is usually an hour drive took us two hours. I'm thankful we made it back safely!



With only a few minutes to spare before midnight, we stopped by our friend Will and Rose's house to ring in the new year. We also got to meet their new puppy Luna!



I was pretty exhausted so we didn't stay long, but we did stay long enough for Andy to impress them with his omelette making skills.



I'm not sure what sparked it, but all of a sudden, that boy sure loves to cook.

New Year's Day
List time! I...

- slept in
- took down the Christmas decor/tree
- went to the grocery store
- made Good Luck Pot with Andy
- unpacked
- drank four bottles of water
- flossed

You probably have a few questions now...

Good Luck Pot is a tradition in my family. It is a dish with black eyed peas, sausage, stewed tomatoes, etc. that we always make/eat on January 1st. This year I chopped the veggies while Andy cooked. It tasted SO good.




And what's with the water and floss update? Because those are my New Year's Resolutions!!! I resolve to drink more water and floss more. So far I'm off to a good start.

What resolutions did you make? I love hearing what other people decide to do. Also, telling someone your resolution is supposed to keep you more accountable.... so fess up!

*** Many people have said they've had difficulty leaving a comment. I just changed the settings, so hopefully it will be easier. Let me know if you have any problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment