Thursday, January 8, 2015

Fur Baby

Big news! After a lot of discussion, Andy and I have decided to expand out family and get a dog!!! I've been looking online for awhile, and on Tuesday during lunch I found Beal, a German Sheppard/Collie mix, up for adoption. She was adorable! I called and told them we would be in first thing in the morning to look at her.

We got there in the morning, but someone had already beat us to her. Beal was gone. :( Since we were already there we decided to look at the rest of the pups.






They were all very cute, but none of them really tugged at the ol' heart strings. And so the search continues.

Here's my wish list for the ideal pup...
- female
- non-shedding
- fun to pet
- cute face
- good snuggler
- small/light enough that I can pick her up

So.... basically I want another Phoebe, haha. Phoebe II. After our visit to the shelter, I think Andy and I are going to also explore the world of breeders. Not that there is anything wrong with a shelter dog at all, and who knows, maybe the most perfect puppy will show up there, but it's at least good for us to be aware of all of the options. It will most likely be a bit before we actually get one, but there's a dog in our future, and I am very excited about it!

For those of you who have or have had dogs in the past, where did you find yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment