Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye Texas

Today we said goodbye to Texas. Here's how we spent the last of our time there...

Our last full day in Texas started at Mema's doing laundry. Her laundry room is located off the back of her garage. On the way to the laundry room you have to walk by the back door to her backyard. I don't know why, but that door is my favorite thing about Mema's house.... it swings on hinges, it's old... it just feels special for some reason.



With clothes in the washing machine, we headed to Costco. Andy tried on several shirts, and my camera served as his mirror. Isn't he handsome?



Mema requested that we go to a Chinese restaurant for lunch. Her wish is our command! We decided the fortune cookies would tell us our fortune for the new year.



My fortune was dumb.



I really didn't like my fortune so I snuck another fortune cookie. Here was my second fortune...


Hahaha. I guess I am supposed to be more patient when it comes to fortune cookies.

After lunch we headed to the cemetery to visit my Aunt Marilyn's grave. Her birthday was the day before. Happy belated birthday Marilyn!



Then it was back to Mema's for..... PICTIONARY!!!




Once again, the girls won!!! To give you an idea of my awesome artwork, here's what I drew one round. The word was "bulge."



Hey, I never said I was classy... !

After Pictionary, we all watched the Kennedy Center Honors for a bit. I'd never watched that awards show before, but I thought it was very interesting. And I was glad to see Tom Hanks receive the honors - he is my favorite actor!



After a long day, it was time to say goodbye. It was very hard to say goodbye to Mema. The trip might not have been the most adventurous vacation of all time, but I am so glad we went. I wouldn't trade that time with Mema for anything.

Back at the hotel, Andy and I began to pack. Goodness gracious. I don't exactly pack light, and then we had Christmas presents, plus a little shopping... you get the idea. Needless to say, some things were left behind (mostly because they were replaced by new versions). I said goodbye to my Uggs with the hole and my old Croc sandals. My mom got rid of a pair of boots she was given - one was a 7.5 and the other shoe was an 8.5... uh... ok.


I was sad to say goodbye to my shoes. They served me well. I may have said a few parting words for them, haha.

The next morning we were off to the airport bright and early. Note for the future - traveling on New Year's Eve is a breeze. The airports were nice and quiet. I have never seen Chicago O'Hare so calm!



And there you have it! We made it back safely. Another Christmas in the books, and the New Year is almost here! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment