Sunday, December 28, 2014

Bulls and Beers

Yeehaw! Two more days have gone by and we've been busy with lots of Texas-y things.

Thursday
Our afternoon started in downtown Fort Worth.



After grabbing a quick bite to eat, my parents, Andy, and I headed to a glorious recliner movie theater to see Interstellar. Although it was rather long, I really enjoyed the movie - it kept my interest the entire time and left me thinking afterwards - both a good sign.

Then we met up with some of my extended family members for some barbecue. We went to Cooper's, my Mema's favorite place. First you chose your meat. I went with one beef rib and a quarter pound of brisket. Andy had a pork chop.



Once we had our meat, we loaded up on sides... cole slaw, potato salad, beans, jalapeƱo mac 'n cheese... it was all reaaaally good.



After we were sufficiently stuffed, we headed to the rodeo! How much more Texas can you get??



We arrived pretty early so we managed to get really good seats. Although Andy had been to a rodeo when he was super young, he doesn't remember it, so this was virtually his first rodeo. Turns out my Aunt Dee Dee and Uncle Dan had never been to a rodeo either. How is that possible? They live in Texas! Anyway, I think everyone enjoyed it. I really liked the barrel racing, but the highlight by far was watching all of the bull riders.




You could never in a million years get me to do that. Those people are crazy! Once the rodeo was over, we were able to get up close to some horses to pet them. I liked that a lot. :-) All in all the rodeo was really fun and I'm very glad we went.

Friday
We began this afternoon with what we thought was a tour of a brewery.


It turns out that $10 doesn't get you a tour of the brewery... it gets you a glass, a wristband, and access to drink all of their beers throughout the entire facility (where they actually store/bottle/etc). It was insanely popular.



We managed to try four beers. According to my dad and Andy, two were decent, one was passable, and one was utterly unacceptable. I honestly didn't care for any of them.

Later in the day we ended up at my Mema's house. My cousin Catherine, her husband Reed, and their daughter Emma were able to stop by for a few hours, so we spent time with them. Emma made herself comfortable in my lap and proceeded to play with my iPhone (she actually deleted a super cute picture of Andy and me at the brewery... kind of a bummer).



She isn't toilet trained yet, but the girl knows how to use apple products. Incredible.



And no family hang would be complete without a competitive game of Pictionary. I LOVE playing Pictionary - Andy thinks I only like it because I always win, but I mean... I can't help that my mom and I make the perfect team! We played boys against girls...




And yes... the girls won! Mwahahaha.

So I know I would typically add a list here, but this is a loooong post, and I'm very sleepy, so I'm going to call it a night. More Texas updates to come - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment