Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Trim the Tree

Over the last few years, my friend Kristin has told me all about the Hallmark ornaments she collects. Last night I hung out at her apartment and finally got to see them all in person!



In addition to her Hallmark ornament collection, I also know she starts watching Christmas movies waaaaaay too early. ;) Kristin loves her Christmas!!

Andy's not really into Christmas movies, so I haven't seen one in awhile, but like Kristin, I do really like all of our ornaments. My family always gets a Christmas ornament whenever we travel, so at this point our Christmas tree is really more like a travel tree.

Some of my favorite ornaments on our tree are...
- a Santa Claus dressed all in ivory that Andy and I got when we were in Italy.
- Santa sitting on Abe's lap in the Lincoln Monument, purchased in DC when we ran our marathon
- a shell turned ornament from a trip to the Bahamas

When we went on our honeymoon I searched all over the place for an ornament, but found nothing! So in place of a traditional ornament, I zip-tied the lizard I painted on our honeymoon to the the tree, haha.



The lizard is definitely a weird addition to our tree!

What's on your tree? Any ornament that has special meaning to you? Tell me!

1 comment:

  1. Ann, my MIL, started an ornament tradition for us-we have one with an engagement ring with 2011 on it, and a ornament that's of a pregnant gal and her man with our names on it. I'm sure we'll receive a baby one this year! The rest of our ornaments are different shades of blue balls (eh eh eh) and red stars. :)

    ReplyDelete