Wednesday, December 3, 2014

My Precious Phoebe

December 3rd is the day my precious Phoebe Heimer Doggie entered the world. I was in third grade when we got Phoebe and she lived to be 16.5 years old. I grew up with her, and still think of her every day. 




Here are some of my favorite memories of Phoebe...
- She would dance on her back legs for jerky treats
- One time there were geese in a lake and she ran in after them. Boy did it surprise her when she realized she ran into a lake!
- My friend Sheena brought her guinea pig, Trudy, over one day. Phoebe sniffed and sniffed and sniffed, and then WHAM. I pulled her away with a big ol' mouthful of Trudy hair (thankfully Trudy was unharmed).
- She loved cheese. We called her a cheese dog.
- Whenever I would play my saxophone, she would howl along with me.

Phoebe is one of my most favorite things ever. For all of time. I still have dreams about her. I can still imagine what it felt like to hold her. I love you Phoebe Heimer - Happy Birthday!

It seems like many people I talk to have one pet that stands out as their favorite. Tell me about yours!

2 comments:

  1. Mitten!! Self explanatory. And your treating her litter box like a zen garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Mitten - she was so sweet! And that litter box was surprisingly soothing, lol.

    ReplyDelete