Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Motivated to Move

Day two of ListLove - thank you all so much for reading yesterday! I felt so loved!

Last night after work, Andy and I went to the gym. What's motivating me right now? My parents, Andy, and I are signing up for a 5k on Christmas morning! I'm really excited, but also really out of shape, so... it's time to get moving. And what better day to start than Monday, the first of the month! So many beginnings lining up - it was meant to be.




Originally I planned to only walk for 20 minutes, but I kept debating with myself... do I stop when the time reaches a nice whole number (20 minutes, 25 minutes, etc) or do I go until the distance is a pretty number (1.5, 2.0, etc)? It also didn't help that I was watching "The Voice" and didn't want to stop mid-performance. In the end, distance won and I stopped after 2.5 miles. Good start!

Now that I've let my neurosis shine through, I have...
- The need to start on a Monday (notice that's also when I launched ListLove)
- The feeling of satisfaction that day 1 of my 5k "training" is the the first of the month
- The need to have either the time or distance on the treadmill be a "pretty" number

Am I the only one like this? No way!!! My friend Sheena shared this amazing link with me today. Numbers 7, 18, and 24 were some of my personal favorites. If you are a perfectionist, you will understand!

Other ways I am neurotic?
- My alarm must be set to a time that is an increment of 5... like 7:05, never 7:07
- If I am running with someone, I must stay on the same side of that person the entire run... no switching sides!
- I must follow the same teeth brushing routine every time. And let's just say it's involved.

How are you weird? Fess up! I want to hear!

2 comments:

  1. I count to three while I clean the house, so for example: 1. put Leif's coat in his closet 2. put dish away 3. wipe counter (start over) 1. throw clothes in washer 2. put plate away 3. wipe mirror, etc. I read about it somewhere and it makes cleaning fun/go by quicker. Yes, I'm weird too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Sometimes when I clean I'll set the microwave timer to 5 minutes and then see how much I can get done in that amount of time. It makes me move much faster!

    ReplyDelete