Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Jacques Pepin

Andy has recently developed a love for Jacques Pepin, a french chef. The two french toast pictures you've seen over the last two weeks have been inspired by Jacques. Since we were both home last night for dinner, Andy decided it was time to try out a new Jacques Pepin recipe. I was his sous chef - aka I washed dishes/pots/etc once he was done with them (Andy has not quite mastered Jacque's finesse of keeping things clean while cooking up a storm). 

On the menu last night... a delicious mushroom risotto...



and a 'joojed-up' rotisserie chicken.



I will admit, he did an excellent job. Andy can watch videos of Jacques for hours. I am most impressed by this one, where he debones a chicken in about two seconds.



We haven't had cable for awhile, but there was a time that I was really into watching cooking shows. Some of my favorite cooking personalities are...

- Paula Dean. I know a lot of people don't like her but I feel like she could be my grandmother, so I like her! Keep your negative comments to yourself!
- Sandra Lee. Recipes aside, I am equally mesmerized/horrified at how her kitchen and outfit coordinate for each show.
- Ina Garten. Everything she makes looks absolutely delicious.

Any Jacques fans out there? Julia Child perhaps? Paula, Sandra, or Ina? Who do you like, and why! 


No comments:

Post a Comment